Wednesday 30 January 2013

Waste Management Phoenix Open - 2013

Following Tiger Woods win on Monday in San Diego, the second event already this year to go into an extra day, the PGA Tour moves onto Arizona for the eagerly awaited Phoenix Open sponsored  by Waste Managaement to be held at the TPC Scottsdale course. I say eagerly awaited as the fans attending this week will be the most vociferous on tour all year, where beer will fuel the "get in the hole" roars, especially on the stadium 16th par 3.Its an event that I'd love to see hosted either the week before or the week after The Masters!
This year we have a very competitive field assembled and entails quite a number of the European players with the likes of Martin Kaymer, Padraig Harrinton, Ross Fisher and Nicholas Colsaerts. The betting is headed by Jason Dufner and Rickie Fowler at 14 & 16/1. Dufner left it a bit late last week in Qatar to get going but the trip to the Middle East may have freshened him up for this one, but I am going to swerve him this week as I seek better value elsewhere.
Despite no return last week for our picks in San Diego, I thought if both Bill Haas and Hunter Mahan had holed some putts they would have been in contention. Mahan missed a lot of putts inside 10 feet, and if he plays as well as he did he is sure to go well again this week. Both Mahan & Haas make my staking plan again this week at @ 35/1 and 33/1 both with Betpack.
My third selection is Russell Henley, rookie winner in Hawaii @ 66/1, again with Betpack who are paying 6 places. Henley looked the real deal in Hawaii and was well in contention at The Humana until one horrific hole ended his chances.He'll be at home on this course I feel and the price is just too big for me to ignore.

Hopefully in Arizona the weather will ensure we have 4 days uninterrupted and come Sunday our picks will be in the mix so I can grab a beer from my fridge and roar them on in the manner that the Phoenix gallery will do.

TIP 1: 1 pt e/w H.Mahan @ 35/1 Betpack

TIP 2: 1 pt e/w B.Haas @ 33/1 Betpack

TIP 3: 1 pt e/w R.Henley @ 66/1 Betpack


BetPack.com Free Bet



No comments:

Post a Comment